85 Hour Prenatal Teacher Training
Empower and Support the Mother's Journey with our Prenatal Yoga Teacher Training
Pregnancy is one of the most complex and unexpected chapters in a woman’s life.
Be Here Now Yoga’s 85 hour Yoga prenatal teacher training provides a comprehensive and experiential understanding of a mother’s journey through all four trimesters, from pregnancy, to labor and delivery, and postpartum recovery. Our curriculum is designed. to provide you with tools and knowledge to teach yoga classes that accommodate all levels and all prenatal and postnatal trimesters.
You will learn about the benefits of yoga during pregnancy, birth, and postpartum recovery which serve as a foundation for offering asana to pregnant mothers seeking to relax, strengthen, and transform their mind, body, and soul in preparation for this new chapter. We will provide you with the capacity to sequence and offer adjustments to your all levels and all trimester classes. Most importantly, we will discuss how to cultivate a safe environment which cultivates community along with overall mental and physical wellbeing.
You will walk away from our training with the knowledge about:
- The benefits of yoga during pregnancy, birth, and postpartum recovery
- The four trimesters: overview of psychological changes
- Safety guidelines for prenatal and postnatal mothers
- Modification of postures for different stages of pregnancy
- How to teach a class with multiple trimester mamas
- Alignment for pregnant women
- How to assist in a safe and mindful manner for pregnancy
- How to incorporate props into your sequences
- Yoga Nidra/Restorative for all four trimesters
- Importance of working on your back, pelvic floor and abdominals pre and post pregnancy
- Sequencing and cueing for all four trimesters
- How to incorporate baby into yoga sequences
- Understanding the mental state of the four trimesters
- Breath work for stress relief and relaxation
- Practice teaching, observing, and assisting
- Anatomy and physiology of the various trimesters
- Relaxation techniques through breath-work, meditation, and asanas
- Pelvic floor, diastasis recti work plus prenatal care and recovery
- How to set the proper tone, welcoming environment and positive energy for your class
This training is open to experienced and aspiring yoga teachers, doulas, midwives, nurses, mamas, and anyone who is interested in learning more about how to empower and support women during this special stage of their lives.
Fall 2019 Dates
- August 3-4
- August 17-18
- September 21-22
If you have questions about our application process, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
After your application is received, our manager will reach out to you via email with the next steps.
Applications are processed on a first-come, first-serve basis. We recommended that you apply early.
Please note that the final application deadline is 14 days prior to the start date of our program.
- $749 Early Bird (ends July 6)
- $849 Regular Price
In order to achieve certification, you must, to our satisfaction, complete and submit:
All pre-training homework assignments.
Attend every session of the contact hours during the training.
Achieve a passing grade on any exams given during the contact hours of the training.
Complete all of the assignments given during the training.
Complete and submit all supporting documentation and assignments relating to the post-training internship
What books and supplies will I need?
You are required to purchase books and supplies for the training. Upon enrollment, you will receive the book list and required supplies.
We offer the following discounts on training materials:
- 15% off when you purchase the entire package of required books, DVDs and other items from us, ordered at least 30 days before the start of program.
- 10% off when you purchase a minimum of 4 required items from us, ordered at least 15 days before the start of program.
Requirements Prior to Training
All enrolled applicants will be required to complete the following before the training starts:
Observe 3 prenatal yoga classes at BHNY and write about their observations and questions.
Answer each question below (minimum 100 words per question). Email your response to email@example.com
1. How has practicing yoga affected you and your relationship with the world around you?
2. Who has influenced you on your yoga path, and why have you chosen this training?
3. In brief, tell us some general information about your life history and your profession.
4. What would you like to improve in your life?
Program Leader: Sophia Hyder Hock
The program is led by staff teacher Sophia Hyder Hock, RYT-200, and taught by the teachers of BHNY. We also invite guest teachers throughout the training to expand your learning in a variety of yoga specialties. You will walk away with the skills you need to teach beyond just asana and truly cultivate spiritual growth within yourself and students.