200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training
Beyond the Asana
Be Here Now Yoga’s 200-hour Teacher Training will give you all the skills needed to be an effective Yoga teacher or yogi. We will explore all 8-limbs of yoga with an emphasis on: physical anatomy, subtle anatomy, psychic anatomy, Pranayama (breathing exercises), Deep Relaxation, and Yogic Philosophy.
You will walk away with more than 50 hours of teaching and assisting experience in small and large groups. You will gain a true understanding of the physical anatomy and alignment, and you will have the ability to assist your students with ease. This training will give you a vast understanding of the subtle anatomy and how to use and work with energy.
Our one of a kind training ensures that you not only receive all the aspects of a Yoga Alliance certified 200-hr Yoga Teacher Training, but also a Level 1 Reiki Jin Kei Do certification. This additional training – which is built in to the Yoga Teacher Training schedule and price – provides an understanding of what Reiki is and how to use to benefit yourself as well as your clients. This additional training technique will allow you to stand out by being able to offer a unique ability to directly work with and positively impact your clients’ energy.
- Fall 2019 Dates
- September 7-15 (full week)
- September 28-29
- October 12 - 13 (Reiki Training)
- October 26 - 27
- November 9 -10 (Graduation)
Tuition & Enrollments
200-Hour Program Deposit
Early Bird Enrollment
- Due by August 7
- Due by September 1
- 3-mo commitment of two Karma Yogi shifts per week
200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training Details
The majority of the program is led by Sherri Piñeyro, M.Ed2, E-RYT 200 Hr, RYT 500, Simone Mishler, E-RYT 200, and Marco Piñeyro, MPS, RYT-200. We also invite guest teachers throughout the training to expand your learning in a variety of yoga specialties. You will walk away with the skills you need to teach beyond the asana and truly cultivate spiritual growth within yourself and students.
Each Graduate has the opportunity to work with a mentor from the teaching staff at BHNY to help them further develop their own practice, teaching skills, and spiritual path.
Requirements Prior to Training
BHNY’s 200-hour Teacher Training program: all enrolled applicants will be required to complete the following before the training starts:
- Observe 3 classes at BHNY and write about their observations and questions.
- Write a 100 word minimum answer per question below and email them to firstname.lastname@example.org
1. How has practicing yoga affected you and your relationship with the world around you?
2. Who has influenced you on your yoga path, and why have you chosen this training?
3. In brief, tell us your life history and your profession.
4. What would you like to improve in your life?
In order to achieve certification, you must, to our satisfaction, complete and submit:
- All pre-training homework assignments.
- Attend every session of the contact hours during the training.
- Achieve a passing grade on any exams given during the contact hours of the training.
- Complete all of the assignments given during the training.
- Complete and submit all supporting documentation and assignments relating to the post-training internship.
What books and supplies will I need?
You are required to purchase books and supplies for the training. Upon enrollment, you will receive the book list and required supplies.
Discount: 15% off when you purchase the entire package of required books, DVDs and other items from us if ordered at least 30 days before the start of program.
Discount: 10% off when you purchase a minimum of 4 required items from us if ordered at least 15 days before the start of program.
Applications are processed on a first-come, first-serve basis. We recommended that you apply early.
Please note that the final application deadline is 14 days prior to the start date of our program.