TJ is a spectrum of experiences including but not limited to being an artist, school teacher, yogi, lover. He spends each day renewing his journey of learning and practice. Yin Yoga, meditation and creativity are the staples that have stuck with him so far in this river of life.
Yin Yoga and Mediation
- was given the disciple name Lian (Lotus) by his Shaolin Kung Fu teacher
- learned more about Art from 3 years of teaching middle schoolers than from 2 years in an MFA program
- lived in a Butoh dance studio for a while
- did street performance art around NYC including one blindfolded on the lion statues in front of the public library
- completed a 30 day solitary self guided meditation retreat at a Buddhist center in Vermont