Welcome! We are so glad you’re considering starting a yoga practice. At Be Here Now Yoga we believe that every person can practice yoga and we are committed to supporting you as you develop your practice. Our teachers will meet you where you are. You don’t need any prior knowledge, experience, or fancy clothes. Come to class and breathe, discover what this ancient practice has to offer you.
1. Getting Started
- Before coming to the studio read through the site and set up a MindBody account with us to sign up for your first class!
2. Sign up for your first class
- Read the class descriptions and see what you’d like to try.
- Visit the schedule and click on “sign up” next to the class you would like to attend. Walk-ins are welcome, but space is limited.
3. Getting ready for your first class
- Wear comfortable workout clothes that allow you to move freely. There are bathrooms to change in and places to store your items.
- Bring a water bottle and a yoga mat (we have a few mats to borrow and we have some for sale).
- We recommend that you do not eat a heavy meal within 2 hours of coming to class.
4. Arriving to your first class
- Arrive 15 minutes early to get settled.
- Store personal items in our cubbies.
- Shoes are not permitted in the practice room. Leave them on the shoe rack.
- Turn off cell phones on put them on silent.
- Speak with the teacher about any injuries or concerns before class starts; save any questions until after class is over.
- We ask that you stay for the whole class as exiting and re-entering can be disruptive to your fellow yogis and to your body temperature.
5. After class
- Hang out in the lobby
- Enjoy tea and snacks
- Check out a book from our library
- Ask questions
- Look at workshops
- Sign up for other classes or try a healing session
- Participate in your community
- Leave with a “see you tomorrow”